Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Communications Specialist (Writer)
at Newport Group
Newport Group, a leading retirement services provider, is seeking a highly-talented and experienced professional writer to help support the firm’s overall communications strategy. Through writing, editing, and project management, the Communications Specialist supports Newport Group in the areas of executive and employee communications, marketing, client communications, social media, and overall corporate and brand identity. This position will involve creating, managing and implementing a broad range of communications in a fast-paced, rapidly growing corporate environment, as well as ongoing project management to ensure that communications objectives are reached on time and meet the company’s rigorous quality standards.
- Reporting directly to the Director of Communications, the Communications Specialist is responsible for developing, writing and managing a broad range of projects to help promote the company’s overall communications strategy, marketing and client communications, and executive and employee communications.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of assigned communications projects from start to completion. Project management includes determining the scope/outcome of projects; determining and assigning the required resources; establishing milestones, schedules and deadlines; and ensuring that all internal and external deadlines are met.
- Manage and coordinate internal and external communications projects with other areas of the organization including, but not limited to, technology, sales, legal, consulting, client services, strategic initiatives and human resources. These projects can include marketing email campaigns, digital advertisements, webinar presentations, and more.
- Produce employee communications, including the monthly employee newsletter, employee biographies, and miscellaneous memos and announcements that are clear, concise and impactful. Also play a critical role in the development and maintenance of the company’s intranet site.
- Help update the company’s corporate website by writing press releases/company news posts, regulatory updates and other copy; help manage and maintain the company’s corporate website by using a content management system and search engine optimization best practices.
- Help manage and maintain the company’s social media presence by writing impactful social posts, and distributing them via a marketing automation tool.
- Work with other Communications team members—including presentation, advertising, marketing, publicity, enrollment, events, and production personnel—to plan, develop, and coordinate marketing communications and materials to guarantee that content and design are accurate and meet company standards.
- Write, develop and manage client and retirement plan participant communications (newsletters, letters, memos, website postings, etc.) reporting enhancements, activities, and legislative updates of general interest to readers.
- Write, develop and manage multimedia communications as needed, such as website demonstrations and presentations, corporate videos, sales and marketing presentations, etc.
- Outstanding writer with a proven track record of success in developing communications across a range of media (brochures, press releases, newsletters, digital ads, social media posts, etc.) and styles (promotional, educational, informative, persuasive, technical, etc.) for both internal and external audiences.
- Skilled at writing about complex concepts or information in an interesting and engaging style for both internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated project management skills, coupled with a high degree of flexibility to manage multiple projects, resources, schedules and priorities.
- Experience and familiarity with managing all facets of corporate communications, including but not limited to design, fonts, colors, layout, printing, production and distribution.
- Experience with writing content for social media platforms and developing effective social media strategies.
- Familiarity with content management systems such as WordPress, Kentico and Thought Farmer is preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with marketing automation systems such as HubSpot is preferred, but not required.
- General understanding of the retirement plan business is preferred, but not required.
- Comfortable and experienced at collaborating with corporate professionals in numerous departments and at numerous levels within the company, including high-level executives, sales professionals, legal, technology and administrative staff.
- Superior relationship building skills and the confidence, depth and professional maturity to work in a collaborative and intellectually rigorous, fast-paced, demanding and deadline-driven environment.
- Three to five years of demonstrated experience in corporate communications—preferably in the retirement plan business and/or financial services field.
- Four-year College or university degree in English or journalism.
Newport group offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check).
Newport Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.