Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retirement Product Support Specialist
at Newport Group
Newport Group is a leading provider of retirement plans, insurance, and consulting services. We help companies offer their employees a more secure financial future by offering comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them.
The Product Support Specialist will assist the Project Managers for our new Non-Qualified plans and manage system and plan changes for existing plans.
Opening location can be in either Charlotte or Lake Mary, FL (Orlando)
You are the right person for this role if:
- You will have a Bachelor’s degree in a business related field or combination of education and industry experience.
- You have 3–5 years of solid and in-depth knowledge of retirement plan industry
- You have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- You are able to apply advanced mathematical concepts utilizing current spreadsheet and accounting database software programs.
The Product Support Specialist will:
- Setup, modify and maintain system functionality for new and existing clients across numerous systems as directed by the Project Managers & Service Teams.
- Work with Project Managers to setup plan parameters and to prepare website and appropriate record keeping systems as needed for new plans.
- Assist Project Managers in maintaining plan conversion and implementation checklists for new Non-Qualified plans.
- Perform complete and accurate requested plan / design changes for existing plans as directed by Service team.
- Assist Enrollment Team in enrollment site review and enrollment data loads into the recordkeeping system.
- Utilize Product Support workflow system effectively and report status of all work projects to manager as requested.
- Work with manager to identify problems and improve efficiencies relative to servicing Non-Qualified plans.
- Assist in coordination of plan deconversions.
- Work with other departments such as Trading and Client Services to ensure common understanding of requirements and customer expectations.
It is a requirement of this job to consistently report to work as scheduled, be on time, and remain at work for entire assigned shift.
Newport group offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check).
Newport Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.