Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Same Day Trading Specialist
at Newport Group
Newport Group is a leading provider of retirement plans, insurance, and consulting services. We help companies offer their employees a more secure financial future by offering comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them.
The Investment Analyst will assist in the Same Day trading activities for Newport’s Non-Qualified line of business and will work in both a team environment and self-disciplined capacity. The firm’s trading involves data gathering, trade processing and interaction with various trustees, custodians, and insurance carriers to perform after-hours trades for retirement plans. The data and systems activities include working with Newport’s proprietary trading system and internal record keeping systems.
The Same Day Trading Analyst will:
- Import market positions by client on a daily basis.
- Generate reporting used to determine client based trading daily.
- Create and send trade files for various trade platforms.
- Assist with research regarding trading issues.
- Troubleshoots and resolves any problems regarding outgoing trade files sent to vendors
- Review trade files submitted by daily trading team.
- Generate client confirmations for trades placed by Newport’s Asset and Liability Management team.
- Updating the Core Record Keeping System with the market close prices and mill rates.
- Applying income and capital gains earnings to participant accounts.
Requirements for this role include:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (business degree with a concentration or concentrations in finance, investments and/or quantitative methods preferred).
Experience in retirement plan administration and mutual fund trading preferred.
Must have strong computer skills, particularly with MS Office, and the ability and willingness to quickly learn new systems and applications.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and will be a “self-starter” working continuously under tight deadlines.
- This role will require the following hours: Monday - Friday from 12 pm - 9 pm ET
It is a requirement of this job to consistently report to work as scheduled, be on time, and remain at work for entire assigned shift.
Newport group offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.