Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Consultant, Non-Qualified
at Newport Group
Newport Group is a leading provider of retirement plans, insurance, and consulting services. We help companies offer their employees a more secure financial future by offering comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them.
The Consultant will manage case work and work flow of assigned cases and ensure that the best and most appropriate resources are designated to support the development of any case. This role will have a direct impact on the successful acquisition of new clients and the ongoing servicing of current clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as the Newport liaison between Newport internal technical staff, Newport Regional Directors (“RDs”) and our intermediary distribution partners in the development of new clients.
- Coordinate and compile plan ‘diagnostic’ evaluations for prospective clients to include plan design evaluation (“Best Practices”), evaluation and recommendation of funding strategies, optimization and recommendations regarding participant investment ‘menu’ options, trustee search and selection, etc.
- Foster strong relationships and maintain strategic oversight for clients along with intermediary partners and Newport Relationship Managers (“RMs”).
- Participate in special projects that enhance Newport’s productivity/efficiency and suite of services that would benefit from your diverse background in technology, systems, accounting, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field or industry experience, or a combination of education.
- 5 to 10 years of non-qualified retirement services industry experience
- Direct accountability for client deliverables, retention and satisfaction in a client services delivery/client facing environment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to conduct presentations to individuals and large groups.
Newport group offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check).
Newport Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.