Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Assembler 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Apopka, FL location.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive operations on optical and/or mechanical subassemblies. Works from electronic work instructions, diagrams and drawings using hand tools and a
microscope. Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed. Follows appropriate clean room procedures and practices.
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which includes:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
- High School diploma or GED and 2 years experience.
- Must be able to work with various chemicals and solvents for long periods.
- Ability to perform basic problem solving techniques defined through the supervisor, coworkers and written materials.
- Must possess basic verbal and written communication skills for minimal interaction with others.
- Must be able to utilize production work orders, documents, drawings and specifications to perform tasks.
- Must have the ability to follow standard operating and safety procedures when using tools, equipment, chemicals and solvents.
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Soldering certification.
- Prior experience working with optical and/or mechanical subassemblies.
- Experience working under a microscope
- Handling, Slicing, Cleaving, Polishing fiber optics
- Wafer handling
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.