Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Comms Navigation Identification Hardware I&T Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Communication, Navigation and Identification (CNI) Hardware I&T Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
CNI Hardware I&T includes all efforts associated with the integration, assembly, testing and checkout (IATC) of Communications, Navigation, and Identification (CNI) hardware. The selected candidate will work as part of a team in multidisciplinary role and perform a variety of tasks related to:
- Development of comprehensive test plans, procedures, scripts and supporting software tools, combined with hands-on operation of test equipment
- System integration of hardware and software
- System level operation, analysis, simulation and troubleshooting
- Data acquisition and analysis
Types of testing includes developmental, qualification, acceptance, performance validation, full-scale environmental ground and flight.
- BS degree in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) educational field and 2 years of relevant experience in systems engineering, integration, test, or avionics
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with a background investigation date within 6 years
- Ability to obtain special program access
- Knowledge of airborne CNI equipment including analog, digital and RF interfaces and associated test equipment including Spectrum Analyzer, Protocol Analyzer, LAN Analyzer, Network Analyzer, etc.
- Knowledge of the operation and testing of voice and data for over-the-air systems. Examples include voice intelligibility SINAD testing, BER testing, Link Budgets etc.
- Exposure to CNI related Military and Commercial Standards .
- Understanding of routers/switches/hubs, LANs, and WANs.
- Understanding of interfaces such as MIL-STD-1553, RS-232, RS, 422, RS-485, ARINC 429 etc.
- Knowledge of cryptographical equipment and Information Assurance practices.
- Advanced education in Digital or Analog
- Active special program access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.