Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Job Reference #: 19006041
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Data Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for your customers? Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems relies on our team to provide the insights needed to drive performance across a broad range of strategic activities. We are looking for a passionate Data Engineer to design and develop automated, end-to-end, ETL pipelines and Data Analytics/Visualization solutions from disparate data sources.
You will share in the ownership of the technical vision and direction for advanced analytics systems that change the way we see and use data. We are looking for people who are self-motivated, hardworking, and have demonstrated the ability to find innovative solutions to complex technical problems.
• Support the design, develop, and maintain a scalable ETL pipeline
• Data preparation/cleaning, integration, and automation from heterogeneous sources
• Ensure data integrity and system availability
• Identify, evaluate, and recommend core technologies and strategies
• Monitor and optimize system performance
• Decomposition of user requirements into logical functions/components
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, OR Mathematics (STEM) field with 2 years of experience working with ETL techniques and frameworks
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server AND a scripting language, preferably Python
- Active, in-scope DOD Security Clearance (Secret or higher)
- Master's Degree in a STEM field with 2 years of relevant experience
Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- 3 years of experience working with ETL techniques AND frameworks
- Experience with data preparation/cleansing
- Understanding of Python, C#, SQL, SSIS, AND data visualization tools
- Experience utilizing Hadoop, Spark, PowerShell, AND automation scripts
- Knowledge of procedural AND set based approaches to the development of ETL pipelines
- Experience with profiling/debugging
- Experience with object oriented design
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.