Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
E-2D Avionics Technician 3
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Adjust, repair, or replace malfunctioning components or assemblies, switches, electrical controls, and junction boxes using hand tools and/or soldering irons
- Install and connect components to assemblies such as radio systems, instruments, inverters
- Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft,
- Interpret flight test data in order to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
- Lay out installation of aircraft assemblies and systems, following documentation such as blueprints, manuals, and wiring diagrams.
- Test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies, using circuit testers, oscilloscopes, and voltmeters.
- Coordinate work with that of engineers, technicians, and other aircraft maintenance personnel.
- Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
- High school diploma/GED and a minimum of 4 years' experience on U.S. Navy E-2/C-2 aircraft is required
- Familiar with the launch and recovery operations of the E-2/C-2 aircraft
- The ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Certification as Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI)
- Certification as E-2/C-2 Plane Captain
- A working knowledge of the OPNAV Instruction 4790 tool control program is desired
- Experienced in using MES (Manufacturing Execution System)
- Familiar working with the maintenance program - IETM's
- An active DoD secret or top secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.