Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Eastern Region Airworthiness Manager
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As one of the world's premier manufacturers of next generation manned and unmanned aircraft, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems established the Office of Independent Airworthiness (OIAW) within the Research, Technology and Engineering (RT&E) organization. The mission of the OIAW is to ensure that the aircraft we make are in line with customer standards and in compliance with the appropriate governing agencies, through the complete life cycle of the entire system.
OIAW has an opening for a qualified applicant in the area of airworthiness program execution, certification and regulations. This position requires leveraging significant experience and judgment to lead and manage a team of airworthiness engineers. The applicant must be able to develop and implement airworthiness strategy including negotiation of airworthiness approach, plans, budgets, and managing manned aircraft airworthiness execution; basis of certifications, means of compliance, and certification activities for highly or unusually complex total systems with customer counterparts in support of Northrop Grumman Corporation's aircraft systems. This position will support sector and corporate domestic and international airworthiness initiatives within the enterprise, as well as participate in R&D/Research and Development (e.g. DARPA or company IRAD). The applicant will review and coordinate with other Region's and Sector's airworthiness engineers as well as with internal engineering disciplines at all levels of the total system to include: design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university with a minimum of 14 years' experience in manned aircraft systems or a Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university with a minimum of 12 years experience in manned aircraft systems.
- Interim DoD Secret Clearance required to start
- Aircraft development program experience
- DoD or FAA/EASA certification experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- MS in an engineering discipline
- Experience working with government regulators and airworthiness authorities
- Significant direct customer interaction
- Mentoring and leading teams of engineers
- Leading process improvement initiatives
- International aviation authority experience (DAAA, LuftABw, EASA, UK MAA)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.