Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering Property System (EPS) Section Manager
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunitiesto work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's livesaround the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedomand democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of theuniverse. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneeringspirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along theway. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity andbringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do whatothers think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they'remaking history.
This is a dual role SectionManager/Project Management Manager (S02). The candidate will be responsiblefor functional management of staff as a Section Manager within the SystemIntegration and Test & Evaluation (SI&TE) Directorate in Melbourne, Florida The candidate will also be required to be aprocurement specialist for the Engineering Property System (EPS); specializingin the procurement of Commercial of the Shelf (COTS), Approved Suppliers List(ASL), Electronic Distributors List (EDL), Certificate of Conformance (CoC),and procurement from a variety of funding sources.
The Specialty Test & Support Department is seeking a SectionManager to lead a team of procurement specialist in support of the continuouslygrowing Manned Aircraft Design (MAD) Center of Excellence (COE). The successfulcandidate will help their section members understand our organization's visionand principles, build a culture that empowers and motivates individualexcellence, and establish functional homeroom and Community of Practice (COP)shared accountability for program performance. Section Manager responsibilitiesinclude working closely with the Specialty Test & Support DepartmentManager and fellow section managers to implement department and CoE / CoPinitiatives, ensuring successful planning and execution of program procurementactivities, collaborating with programs to satisfy material and service'sneeds, and provide operations support (metrics collection and analysis, etc.),setting Talent goals and providing regular performance feedback to employees,supporting the annual salary review and promotion process, mentoring anddeveloping the next generation of technical and project leadership, andimproving and enforcing test engineering processes and procedures.
The EPS Manager will be responsible for leading and executing anexciting statement of work on a wide variety of projects and programs.Responsibilities include the following:
- Lead and oversee the procurement activities for several Research,Technology, and Engineering (RT&E) projects/programs.
- Tracking and reporting of project/program procurement activities
- Interface with COE and COP EPS Managers
- Interface with other NG procurement organizations
To learn more about our hiring process formanager positions, please view our “Selecting the Best Qualified Managers”video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
· Bachelor's Degree and at least one year experience leadinga group of Procurement Planners and Buyers
· Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Security Clearance
· Knowledge of Procurement Planningand Buyer regulations
· Master's, MBA, Logistics, orSupply Chain Management Degree
· 5 years' experience leading agroup of Procurement Planners and Buyers
· Experience in CoTS, CoC's, andvarious procurement modes depending on funding sources; such as, ProgramDirect, Company funded, or Indirect.
· Experience with EngineeringProperty System (EPS) or similar procurement management software systems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Weare proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, makingdecisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteranstatus, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA andPay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.