Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering Technician 4
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employeeshave incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and spacethat impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come.Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and ourunderstanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas,courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have alot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have aninsatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are notonly part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systemshas an opening for an Engineering Technician 4 to join our team ofqualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in MelbourneFL.
· Performrepairs and modifications to aircraft structures and accessories
· Workingwith engineers on electrical and mechanical issues
· Workingwith engineers to develop training for customer maintenance
· Performassembly and test on subsystems and/or subassemblies in a lab environment
· Providetechnical assistance to process development and engineering personnel
· Perform dailyinspection of support equipment
· Interfacewith other departments to resolve problems
· Performdaily task of setting up equipment for jobs for the day
· Theselected candidate will provide technical support to engineers on technicaltasks in the Specialty Test organization. The selected candidate should thrivein a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverseassignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- High School Diploma or other equivalent from an accredited institution and 6 years of aircraft and/or laboratory technician experience.
- Familiar with Mil type cable assemblies and connectors.
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain program access prior to start.
- Technical Diploma, Certification, and/or License
- Demonstrated aircraft maintenance experience.
- Demonstrated experience with composite materials.
- Experience with Electrical and Mechanical instrumentation cabling on engineering racks.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.