Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Graphic Artist 4
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Provides graphic support, advice and guidance in support of company technical publication products, programs and systems. Provides expertise for resolving technical problems, troubleshoots product and modifies product to customer requirements. Technical drawing skills i.e. CATIA V5, NX, PTC IsoDraw/CREO, SolidWorks, and working knowledge of a CPLM Teamcenter environment. Blueprint reading and basic engineering/drafting knowledge. Basic graphic computer skills i.e. Abode CS, Excel, Word, and design experience and proficiency.
Initial responsibilities for the Graphic Artist will be to perform graphic related activities. Position will lead into responsibilities with the development and sustainment of technical publication graphics. Additional responsibilities will include assisting in the development of planning documentation and meeting facilitation.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of graphic/multi-media development experience. In lieu of formal education, High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and at least 14 years of experience with graphic/multi-media development
- Must be able to research engineering data, drawings, CAD models, technical manuals, and other subject matter/source data to develop and sustain technical publication graphics
- Experience in preparation of isometric exploded views of illustrations
- Experience in communicating detailed and technical data through visual means
- Advanced understanding of photo manipulation and 3D visualization
- Specific requirements include technical drawing software proficiency, proficiency in Experience with graphic/multi-media development
- Adobe CS and basic concept of graphic design and layout
- Must be able to obtain an active DoD Secret clearance with ability to maintain
- Ability to acquire program access within 365 days
- Diversified between various graphic software disciplines
- Experience supporting a team of Technical Writers by creating, updating and maintaining manuals, wiring diagrams, installations instructions, mini manuals, product labels, and other engineering technical documentation
- Experience researching engineering data, technical manuals, and other subject matter to develop and sustain training materials using various multimedia tools
- Technical drawing skills i.e. CATIA V5, NX, PTC IsoDraw/CREO, SolidWorks, and working knowledge of a CPLM Teamcenter environment.
- Active secret DoD Clearance with ability to maintain.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.