Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Technician 3
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Mechanical Technician 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
- Under supervision, perform a variety of duties including assisting mechanical engineers and test conductors in the safe execution of Structural Testing of mechanical and electromechanical engineering designs, tests, fabrications, modifications, assemblies and components including lab and flight hardware
- Knowledge and experience in proof load, mechanical structural testing, and hydraulic test setup and operations support
- Draft detailed drawings for fabrication
- Devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified mechanical components or assemblies
- Set up and test complete prototype units and subassemblies under operational conditions
- Monitor Test Equipment to insure it operates within its limits
Work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform routine testing, checkout, troubleshooting, prototype building, environmental testing, and simple developmental engineering tasks
- Perform routine operational tests and fault isolation on development systems and equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain program access
- Supporting mechanical assembly of structural test development and qualification activities
- Reading engineering drawings and assembling mechanical and electromechanical test assemblies
- Assisting to analyze data and recommend modifications to components or test procedure to meet desired specifications
- Overseeing or performing mechanical assembly, torqueing, bonding
- Proof loading and mechanical structural testing
- Full hydraulic operations support to include: load application, plumbing, tube bending, flaring, operation of mules, etc.
- Operating measurement systems and simple sensor reading devices
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- High School Diploma and/or GED with 4 years of laboratory or defense industry technician experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a mechanical technician or machinist
- Demonstrated ability to perform precision assembly on aircraft hardware Demonstrated ability to read and perform assembly to complex engineering drawings.
- A current DoD Secret level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
- Must be able to obtain and maintain program access prior to start
- Associate's Degree from an accredited university with 1 year of laboratory or defense industry technician experience.
- Certified Welder
- A current DoD Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.