Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Database Architect
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Database Architect to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The Principal Database Architect designs, models, documents, and guides the logistical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications.
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of experience as a SQL developer
- OR Master's Degree in a STEM discipline with 3 years' experience
- OR PhD Degree in a STEM discipline with 0 years' experience
- Experience in ETL tools including creating and maintaining SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience with SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
- Experience in designing data models, schema, and tables
- Active Secret DoD Security Clearance
- Experience in Python scripting
- Experience implementing, tuning, and maintaining SQL databases using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience working in Agile development and methodologies
- Experience in PLM applications and terminology, specifically supporting Aerospace customers
- Expertise with PLM and data interoperability standards such as PLM XML, eQube MI integrations/extractions, eQube BI reporting
- Demonstrated understanding of Product Lifecycle Management Systems and Teamcenter 11.x
- Demonstrated understanding of Aerospace effectively management principles