Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Process Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking talented and motived process and equipment engineers to work at a new advanced packaging facility. Northrop Grumman's semiconductor foundry and packaging lines are unique capabilities supporting a range of production microelectronic devices (Silicon, Gallium Arsenide, Gallium Nitride, Silicon Carbide) and providing leading edge technology development. Our devices enable a number of Northrop Grumman's ground based radars, avionic radars, and space systems.
The wafer bumping line, located in Apopka, FL, will support flip chip, 2.5D, and 3D packaging for internal production customers as well as emerging technology programs. The line will provide a range of bump compositions, including tin/lead, lead-free, microbumps, and copper pillar, using sputter, electro and electro-less plating, and solder-sphere transfer to support flip chip, 2.5D, and 3D packaging.
Join us for the chance for hands-on work with a small, experienced and talented team while helping serve your country. Enjoy the opportunity to grow and learn with a variety of challenging projects in production, R&D, ongoing long-term programs, and new programs targeting future military platforms.
- Installing and qualifying new process tools and recipes.
- Sustaining equipment and processes, including running process qualifications, process and equipment troubleshooting, technician training and certification, and process safety.
- Developing and optimizing new process flows.
- Supporting statistical process control (SPC) and continuous improvement efforts.
-Writing and maintaining process documentation. Determining preventative maintenance procedures and schedules.
-BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials, Chemistry, Physics, or related technical discipline with 5 years of relevant semiconductor experience (3 with an MS).
Hands-on experience in one of the following semiconductor process/equipment areas:
- Electrochemical or electroless plating of one or more typical bump metallurgies (Pb/Sn, SnAgCu, SnAg, Cu, Ni, etc).
- Contact lithography and photoresist chemistries and processing.
- Wet chemistries for metal etching (Ti, TiW, Ni, Cu).
- Sputter deposition of one or more typical UBM films (Ti, TiW, Ni, Cu).
- Solder sphere transfer / ball drop processing.
- Wafer dry and wet clean processes.
Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
-Experience in wafer bumping or packaging lines
-Experience in low volume/high product mix environments
-Hands-on experience in two or more of the following semiconductor process/equipment areas:
- Electrochemical or electroless plating of one or more typical bump metallurgies (Pb/Sn, SnAgCu, SnAg, Cu, Ni, etc)
- Contact lithography and photoresist chemistries and processing
- Wet chemical processes for metal etching (Ti, TiW, Ni, Cu)
- Sputter deposition of one or more typical UBM films (Ti, TiW, Ni, Cu)
- Solder sphere transfer / ball drop processing
- Wafer dry and wet clean processes
-Personal Clearance Level- Secret
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.