Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Project Management – Lab Infrastructure Support
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employeeshave incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and spacethat impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come.Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and ourunderstanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas,courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have alot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have aninsatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are notonly part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systemshas an opening for a Principal Project Management – Lab InfrastructureSupport member to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.This position will be in Melbourne, FL.
This role will be a Project Management positionwithin the SIT&E directorate with an additional requirement to be a ProjectManager on the Strike IPT.
- The candidate will beresponsible for project management and project oversight activities within theInfrastructure and Labs organization, managing projects and activities thatsupport the operations and execution of the System Test team.
- Supports the Lab Infrastructure organization by overseeing and managing the operational aspects of emerging and ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project engineering, project teams, and System Test leadership
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports, both at a project and organizational level; assists with tracking and solving procurement issues in support of lab projects
- Assess Lab Infrastructure project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives; able to support risk and opportunity management on lab projects
- Responsible for developing mechanisms for monitoring progress, metrics and for intervention while problem solving with engineers, management as well as providing status to leadership
- Coordination with internal customers, external customers, partners, suppliers, and project team members
- Prepare status charts, presentation slides, and tracking spreadsheets; must be capable of developing and delivering presentations
- Develop solutions to complex project problems and ability to positively influence the organizational long-range goals through project management principles
This position functionallyreports to the Strike Project Manager Section Manager and will be assigned tothe Lab Infrastructure Manager. This is a high visibility role that requiresvertical and horizontal integration across the IPT to ensure successful programexecution. This individual should possess leadership and team buildingcapabilities, strong verbal and written communication skills, and stronginterpersonal skills. Must possess solid organization abilities and be amotivated, flexible team player.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environmentwith high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/teamsettings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and 6 years of Aerospace and/or Defense industry experience OR
- Master's Degree from an accredited university and 4 years of Aerospace and/or Defense industry experience
- Demonstrate experience working in a Project Management function
- A current DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain program access prior to start.
- Program Access
- Master's Degree from anaccredited university
- Project ManagementProfessional (PMP) Certification
- Previous experiencemanaging technically driven, engineering projects
- Previous experiencesupporting Systems Test
- 2 years of experienceworking in a Project Management Function
- Advanced Experiencewith an Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Excellent communication,interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employeesand management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.