Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Test/ Senior Principal Test Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is aleading global security company providing innovative systems, products andsolutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, strike, and logistics andmodernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Our mission isto be at the forefront of technology and innovation, delivering superiorcapability in tandem with maximized cost efficiencies. We operate in all 50states and 25 countries with 90,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development,and discovery.
When you joinNorthrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in anenvironment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees shareexperiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of thebest minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams,cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving throughthe support of training, mentors, and extensive benefits.
Northrop Grumman DefenseSystems sector is seeking a Test Engineer 3/4 to join an agile systemsdevelopment team designing and building advanced, state-of-the-art, missionplanning software for the Air Command and Control Operating Unit. This positionis located in Melbourne, FL.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Test Engineer will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Perform integration testing, regression testing, and formal qualification testing in an agile systems development environment.
- Document system problems and verify fixes.
- Design, develop, and maintain system test plans, test cases, test procedures, and automated tests in compliance with program functional, technical, and performance requirements.
- Work with the lead test engineer and a team of systems engineers and software developers to establish and develop test methods and techniques.
- Troubleshoot and modify test tools and test scripts.
- Generate test data, perform test data analysis, and develop test documentation.
- Participate in formal inspection process, customer meetings, and user events.
- Provide support to customer testers during acceptance testing, including test procedure walkthroughs, documentation of testing issues and test results, and answering questions on system functionality.
This requisition may be filled at either level 3 or level 4. To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Test Engineer 3: BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with 5 years of experience or a relevant Master's degree with 3 years of experience. Test Engineer 4: BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with 8 years of experience or a relevant Master's degree with 5 years of experience. Years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with generating test plans, test cases, and test procedures.
- Experience with test execution, test analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to function in multi-disciplinary, team-oriented environment with frequent customer contact.
- Ability to rapidly adapt to changing work priorities.
- Willingness to learn and participate in non-test activities, such as requirements development, customer interface, and risk management.
- Familiarity with agile software development.
- Experience with MS Windows applications and proficient in the use of MS Office software.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Active In-Scope DoD Secret Security Clearance that has been granted / renewed within the past 5 years.
- Ability to obtain and maintain access to special programs
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with US DoD mission planning.
- Experience with Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) Framework (FW).
- Experience working with agile software development teams.
- Experience with one or more automated test tools, such as TestComplete and Squish.
- Experience with collaboration and development tools, such as Microsoft SharePoint, Atlassian JIRA, and Confluence.
- Experience with one or more automated IA test tools, such as Fortify.
- Experience with security architectures, firewalls and network security controls.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT II Certification (Security , CEH, CISSP, etc.).
- Active Top Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.