Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Principal ITS IT Technician
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Day-to-day oversight of ITS IT network, computers, servers, and software. Upgrades of network, hardware, and software within the RTMC. Management and maintenance of the SunGuide® servers and device drivers. System data maintenance, including Oracle database management for the SunGuide® system. Troubleshooting operation of equipment and system software. Equipment use and software training for the RTMC operations staff and Department personnel. Maintenance of records, ensuring documentation as required to support software, hardware, and network systems. Participation, as requested, in progress meetings with the District ITS LAN Manager and the Department Operations Manager. Participation in Statewide SunGuide® software meetings held at various locations around Florida, as directed by the Department. DIVAS account management as per FDOT Security Policy. All required IT Network reporting
- Bachelor's degree and 9 years of relevant experience -OR- Master's degree and 7 years of relevant experience -OR- PhD and 4 years of relevant experience. An additional 4 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Knowledge and understanding of ITS protocols and device configuration (including videowall technology and other video distribution systems).
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information in understandable terms
- Ability to work alternate work schedules and be on-call 24 hours/day.
- Knowledge of good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write technical reports and correspondence
- Ability to assist in Change Management Board (CMB) and SunGuide® Software User's Group (SSUG) meetings relative to the SunGuide® software.
- Skilled in the use of SunGuide® software.
- Knowledge in the use of OTM software
- Skilled with troubleshooting the statewide SunGuide® software package
- Ability to generate reports for the Department related to performance measures
- Skilled at integrating new ITS devices into the SunGuide® software package
- Ability to maintain network and workstation hardware and software
- Ability to maintain network availability to users and systems connected to the ITS Network.
- Ability to extract, review, and assess SunGuide® and OTM reports.
- Ability to provide support for ITS Network Managers, as directed.
- Proficient in Windows™ workstation/server support and maintenance
- Proficient in networking systems and protocols.
- Proficient in IP addressing and TCP/IP networking.
- Proficient in IP based video distribution.
- Proficient in Windows™ Active Directory/Domain support & administration
- Proficient in Database support andadministration (e.g. MS SQL, MySQL)
- Proficient inprogramming/scripting
- Proficient in multicastprotocol traffic
- Ability to work with numerousnetwork device manufacturers
- Proficient in desktop supportknowledge (Microsoft Office™, operating systems, virtual desktops, etc.)
- Proficient in plant fiberoptics.
- Ability to safely operateVendor-provided vehicle and possesses active driver license.
- 3 years direct enterprise network experience (including practical knowledge ofvarious networks), 1 year direct experience with FDOT SunGuide® Software and 3years' experience integrating, troubleshooting, maintenance and repairing ITSdevices relative to other FDOT TMC and hub sites
- Successful completion of ITS IT Network Senior Technician Exam, 95% or greater.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited twocollege or university
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.