Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Principal Software Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Sr. Principal Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting the E2-D program located in Melbourne FL. You will be working with the E2-D Mission Computer team. You will work closely with Government Engineers and the Northrop Grumman Center of Excellence in Melbourne, Florida.
The Software Engineer will support an operational program environment by developing new capabilities, testing, troubleshooting, and resolving problems/anomalies. Responsibilities will include all facets of the software design, development, and integration life cycle for software. This includes analysis of change requests and requirements for a new software support capabilities, software, COTS/GOTS integration, implementation of software using ADA/C s, python scripts, and other programming tools. There is opportunity to resolve technically challenging issues and proactively evolve system requirements. This is a position in which one has the opportunity to work with an operational customer facility in a dynamic environment where one can directly impact mission success.
The role requires you to have hands on technical experience and a can do approach towards environment automation and management along with continuous improvements. You will be a team member working closely with the customer. Your responsibilities will include working with internal business partners to gather requirements, prototyping, and architecting complex solutions supporting the building and test plan execution, performing quality reviews, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to take ownership of hard problems and drive to a solution, while working in a team environment. It is critical that you understand the software development life cycle and have an in-depth knowledge of automated testing to facilitate and analyze large data sets. The Software Engineer will participate in the full life-cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance. The Software Engineer will apply technical expertise in solving complex integrations problems. The Software Engineer will interact with Program Management, external suppliers and/or government customers. Therefore excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required. A Solid experience in Unix/scripting, C/C , object oriented analysis and design, in Windows and/or Linux environment is required. ADA experience and a background in Agile is a plus. meleng sfwas rocktober
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of software engineering experience
- OR a Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 7 years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing software / writing code in C/C or Ada
- Experience with Linux
- At minimum an active DoD Interim Secret clearance is required to start, with the ability to obtain and maintain a full DoD Secret level clearance.
- Familiar with aircraft systems/subsystems architecture (i.e., CNI, vehicle, cockpit, ….)
- Experience with Computer graphics and GUI frameworks
- Experience with Agile Development
- Experience with OpenGL
- Familiarity with Atlassian tool suite and tools like git and Confluence
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.