Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a talented, self-motivated Systems/Software Engineer to join an exciting, complex, mission-focused hardware/software development project working with a team of qualified, diverse individuals based in Melbourne, FL.
The successful candidate will be able to perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. The successful candidate ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications and solutions. The selected candidate will provide direct engineering support to the design, development and integration of a set of subsystems on manned platforms. Tasks will include requirement and functional analysis, interface analysis and definition, documentation development, and system/software design. The ideal candidate will also be involved with integration, and test support activities. The candidate must work well with customers, contractors, and hardware & software engineers to improve the availability and reliability of operational assets.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 2 years of systems/software engineering experience –OR-
- Master's Degree in STEM and 0 years of experience
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the DoD Secret or Top Secret level.
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain specific program access.
- Academic or work-related experience with writing requirements specifications and interface control documents.
- Academic or work-related experience in applying engineering disciplines to real world activities/systems.
- Academic or work-related experience with full life-cycle hardware/software development projects.
- Academic or work-related experience performing studies, trades, and system analysis.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills, along with the ability to work well individually or within a team environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%
- Academic or work-related experience using IBM DOORS, Rational Gateway, Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) and IBM Rhapsody. Experience developing DOORS DXL or Python programs.
- Academic or work-related experience with Reliability analysis, MTTR, FMEA, FEMCA a plus but not essential(Sample course work: Reliability Engineering, Applied Probability Methods in Engineering, Probability And Its Applications To Reliability, Quality Control, And Risk Assessment, System Reliability and Maintainability Analysis and Optimization)
- Bachelors of Science or higher degree in Applied Math, EE, SW, or Computer Science.
- Experience in the military aerospace development environment is preferred.
- Preference for final active DoD Secret within 5 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.