Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Editor and Writer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
This is a level 2 position. Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience with Bachelor's Degree; or 1 year experience with Masters Degree. In lieu of formal degree, High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) and at least 7 years of relevant experience in a related field.
- Must have basic experience in writing technical data or technical data change requests.
- Must be capable and willing to follow strictly defined authoring processes.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings, specifications, and system description documents.
- Be able to write in XML.
- Must have an active DoD Secret Clearance with ability to maintain.
- Ability to obtain special program access within 365 days.
- Experience with the Eagle/EPS publishing system
- Experience in utilizing the USAF Flight Manual or Maintenance Manual change process
- Experience writing in XML/S1000D International Specification for Technical Publications/IETM/Data Module writing (Arbortext, EAGLE, SMetal, or similar program)
- At least 4 years experience as an air vehicle operator or maintainer.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.