Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Virtual Simulation Software Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredibleopportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impactpeople's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our workpreserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and ourunderstanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas,courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have alot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have aninsatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are notonly part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman AerospaceSystems has an opening for a Virtual Simulation Software Engineer to joinour team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in MelbourneFL.
- The qualified candidate willdevelop real-time simulation software for virtual simulation (pilot in theloop) testing so that future tactical aircraft can be evaluated in nextgeneration air warfare mission environments.
- The developer will developnew and/or integrate existing system simulation frameworks, weapon systemscomponents to include air vehicle platform, kinematics, sensors,communications, command & control, weapons, and threat performance modelsand algorithms.
- The developer will simulatereal-time operations and develop software that simulates behavior of systems.
- The developer will alsointegrate and use advanced graphical user interfaces and visualization tools.
- The developer will modeloperational environments, perform trade studies via computer simulation andrecommend alternative architectures.
- The developer will alsoperform operational analysis and mission effectiveness analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)discipline
- Experience: 2 Years with Bachelors in STEM; 0 Years with Masters in STEM
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer/engineering modeling using Java,C#/C or other object oriented computer language.
- At minimum an Interim Top Secret clearance.
- The abilityto obtain and maintain specific program access.
- An understanding of tactical aircraft aero-performance, sensors, weapons, andcommunication
- An understanding of Integrated Air Defense Systems and capabilities.
- Proven ability to work with a team in a rapid prototyping environment.
- Competent writing and communications skills.
- Experience with performing weapon system level design, integration, or test& evaluation
- The ability to translate Physics/Mathematics models into real-time simulationalgorithms and models.
- Experience with real time simulation/software development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Weare proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, makingdecisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteranstatus, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA andPay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.Citizenship is required for most positions.