Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has openings for a Welder Level 2 to join our team of qualified diverse individuals. The position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
In this role the selected candidate will be expected to:
- Perform the welding process on aluminum and steel parts and assemblies to required tolerances using welding metals and metal alloys.
- Determine layouts and weld parts and assemblies according to engineering drawings and specifications.
- Monitor and verify quality of work in accordance with statistical processes or other control procedures.
- Work together with others on the team to meet key commitments and scheduled milestones.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years experience welding Steel and Aluminum
- Required to pass a Company Test to become a Certified Welder
- Required to have the ability to create Welded Assemblies from
- Engineering Drawings and Work Orders
- Experience in Welding Assemblies used in Tooling and Testing
- Experience in developing and fabricating Shop Aids, and Heat Sinks used to assist in the assembly during Welding Operations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.