Northstar Memorial Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northstar Memorial Group
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Location Name
- Hillcrest Memorial Gardens-FL
- Position Category
- General Labor
At NorthStar Memorial Group, we choose collaboration over bureaucracy. Here, everyone has a chance to lead. We encourage & empower our people at every level to speak up, be heard, and watch their ideas become realities. Degreed & non-degreed professionals, labor workers, industry experts – people from all career and experiential backgrounds have the opportunity to find a home here.
Sound too good to be true? Check us out on Glassdoor to see why our employees have voted NSMG one of the best companies to work for 7 years in a row! Click here to view us on Glassdoor
We are seeking a Cemetery Caretaker for Hillcrest Memorial Gardens in Leesburg, FL. This position is responsible for the overall appearance of cemetery, mausoleum and funeral home locations during a seasonal period. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and previous experience in a general labor or grounds keeping type position.
- Cut grass, maintain lawn, trim around trees, walkways and memorial markers, lay sod, move and remove flowers to and from chapel and graveside
- Clear debris and maintain drives and walkways in safe condition
- Install vault face and prepare grave sites for interments
- Assemble tents/canopies and arrange chairs for graveside ceremony
- Prepare crypts for entombment
- Install grave markers, bronze memorials, crypt faces, etc.
- Maintain and repair existing markers and other cemetery features
- Locate grave sites and dig graves using backhoe without damaging surrounding vaults, markers and monuments
- Maintain overall appearance and cleanliness of funeral homes and/or mausoleum facilities
- Clean and maintain facility, perform minor repairs, painting, etc.
- Assist with loading and unloading caskets
- Assist with setting up chapel for services
- Help with preparation and setup for opening and closing interments, entombments and inurnments
Requirements and Qualifications
- Permit to operate equipment used at the facility as per local regulations
- 6+ months of general labor or grounds keeping experience
- Valid driver's license
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!