Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director of Human Resources
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Human Resources
Amelia Island Plantation Resort
At Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort guests can explore 3.5 miles of pristine beach and scenic marshlands whileenjoying luxurious oceanfront accommodations, world-class resort pools, championship golf, full-service spa, endless dining options and family-friendly activities.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort may be your perfect match.
Assist HR Director in overseeing all HR to include Employee Relations, Recruitment, Benefits and Training.
- In the absence of the HRD, assume the responsibilities of the HRD role.
- Maintain ASC and Omni Standards at all times.
- Partner and Mentor Human Resources Manager, Recruitment Managers and Training Manager.
- Directly oversee the HR LID and ASC Office Coordinator.
- Take ownership of payroll by auditing overtime, Kronos and PTO for the department.
- Input Secondary Job Codes weekly to insure proper processing of Payroll.
- Audit and correct Zero Pay Rate report.
- Audit Wage Analysis monthly.
- Maintain files for Independent Contractors and Temporary Staffing Agencies.
- Monitor departmental expense in compliance with check-book accounting process. Work closely to ensure Associate Relations and Recruitment expenses are in line with monthly budget.
- Participate in yearly budgeting process and forecasting with HRD
- Oversee all aspects of international recruitment (Selection, Onboarding, Housing, Employee Shuttle, Training Plans, Appreciation Evens and Employee Relations)
- Employee Relations:
- Partner with Director of Human Resources to create an open door environment where all inquiries or concerns are welcomed.
- Act as key council to Director of Human Resources in all areas of Omni Policy, Culture and Leadership
- Provide counsel and assistance to all management personnel in regards to associate problems dealing with supervision and administration.
- Act as liaison to management for all associates. Readily work within counseling sessions to promote value of the associate, value of the property and compromise methods of ensuring success within the Omni system.
- Responsible for clear and accurate documentation of all associate issues, on a timely basis following counseling and disciplinary procedures. Ensure legal liability of the company is protected at all times.
- Coordinate annual salary administration and review process for salaried and hourly employees. Responsible for timely distribution of reviews to management, and tracking & application of the completed review. Ensures professional demeanor & purpose of each review.
- Coordinate and Conduct the AES.
- Partner with Director of Human Resources and Training Manager to create one of a kind associate events. For example, MOQ and SOQ outings, OSC Party, etc.
- Partner with Director of Human Resources to positively impact retention.
- Conduct all Salaried Exit Interviews
- Oversee all Salaried Management recruitment.
- Post Positions in ICIMS, review resumes partnering with Department Leaders to identify the best candidate.
- Coordinate interview agendas, flights, hotel reservations and airport pickup for non-local applicants.
- Process OLW and obtain all necessary approvals.
- Process Offer Letter, incentive plans and any other necessary onboarding paperwork when extending the offer to the candidate.
- Obtain 3 professional references, track background check and education verification.
- Notify Aires and coordinate relocation.
- Partner with Recruitment team and training manager to create onboarding experience on the first day.
- Assists and actively participates in the recruiting & employment function to include job fairs in and around the community, colleges, universities, etc. Utilize monthly forecasting tool to ensure all departmental manpower needs are being met.
- Assist Recruitment team in completing wage analysis annually to remain competitive.
- Act as a source of knowledge and support for the Human Resources Manager in matters specific to Employee Benefits.
- Partner with Human Resources Manager to continue to grow and create new associate events such as the Annual Health and Wellness Fair, Mammogram Mobile, Blood Mobile, etc.
- In the absence of the Human Resources Manager, partner with the HRD to continue to provide a seamless Benefit experience to our associates.
- Act as a source of knowledge and support for the Training Manager in matters specific to Employee Benefits.
- Partner with the Training Manager to create new Training programs to engage leadership and associates.
- Actively participate in New Hire Orientation, Building Engagement, OMD and other Omni-centric trainings.
- Complete any other reasonable requests as directed by DHR.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High school Diploma required.
- Previous experience as HR Director, Assistant HR Director or HR Manager.
- Human Resources experience within a hotel/resort environment strongly preferred.
- SPHR Certification or CHRE Certification preferred
- Must be able to communicate via phone, email and speech with associates
- Must be able to operate equipment mentioned above.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs repeatedly.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.