Orion Global Security
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fire Technician Level I
at Orion Global Security
Responsibilities include repairing and maintaining Fire Alarm systems including installation and maintenance of commercial, government, and private industry sites. Repair and maintain complex integrated Fire Alarm & Mass Notification systems at sensitive domestic and international government facilities such as United States Embassies and Consulates. Technicians will be required to perform semi-complex work within technical or paraprofessional area. The ideal candidates can effectively identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex. They also show good judgment in referring complex, unusual problems to others. Technicians may also be required to participate in the following duties:
- Respond to service calls on integrated Fire Alarm & Mass Notification systems.
- Ensures Fire Alarm & Mass Notification installations are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Provides technical support to sales and customers as needed.
- Troubleshoot system operation while ensuring a timely delivery.
- Assesses and reacts to new developments or unexpected problems in the field with as little production loss as possible.
- Accurately analyzes problems or anticipates problem areas.
- Maintains flow of field documentation to include change orders, head-end configuration, system drawings and diagrams, shop drawings, and as-built information.
- Assists and advises on the preparation of "Operation and Maintenance" manuals as necessary.
- Assumes full control of testing procedures during and at completion of system installation.
- Programs systems with a test configuration and initiates a working test regardless of system communication design.
- Maintains technical and quality bridge between internal departments and contract client.
- Notifies management of possible cost savings or cost incurred in a timely manner.
- Maintains safety and HAZCOM program while in the field.
- Adheres to company rules and regulations as set forth in the company handbook or other official source.
- Responds to service calls as required during normal business hours and on weekends and after hours as scheduled.
- Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of basic electronic system design and repair.
- Experience in Conduit and wire way installation, including EMT and Rigid conduit, from ¾” up to 2”. Familiarity with a variety of infrastructure support systems, including surface mounts using one and two hole straps, and hanging cable racks using Unit-strut, all-thread, dropped/insert in anchors) on a variety of wall and ceiling surface types.
- Must possess a working knowledge of applicable government standards and guidelines for Fire Alarm & Mass Notification systems, anti-terrorism/force protection, and / or facilities Fire Alarm & Mass Notification design.
- In addition to the above requirements, Electricians should have experience and knowledge in the installation and set-up of Uninterrupted Power Supplies (120/22 VAC 50/50 HZ), generators, Electrical Distribution Panels, and Load Centers. They must also have an increased level of experience in bending and installing conduit up to 4” rigid and EMT
- Must be US citizen and will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Manufacturer’s technician certification or training in any of the following systems is preferred: EST, Notifire, Simplex, to include Panel programming and equipment wiring and terminations.
- 0-2 years experience or NICET Level 1 Certification is preferred
- Education: Associate's degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be very professional and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team of technicians in the installation of Government Fire Alarm systems, to include start up, installation, testing and signoff.
Orion is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer : All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
Pay Range: Pay based on your level of experience and past performance
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending, Retirement (401K)