Orion Global Security
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Technician- (Programmer/Installer)
at Orion Global Security
Orion Management is a Veteran-Owned business and global provider of technical security, fire and life safety solutions, and electrical and general construction services to government clients throughout the world. We are currently seeking a Technician with experience in programming and installing access control and CCTV systems.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of access control, intrusion detection, and video surveillance systems.
- Ensures security installations are accurately and efficiently completed.
- Provides technical support to sales and customers as needed; troubleshoots system operations and responds to service calls on integrated security systems.
- Assesses and reacts to new developments or unexpected problems in the field with as little production loss as possible.
- Accurately analyzes problems or anticipates problem areas.
- Responsible for maintaining flow of field documentation, including change orders, head-end configuration, system drawings and diagrams, shop drawings, and as-built information.
- Assists and advises on the preparation of "Operation and Maintenance" manuals as necessary.
- Must assume full control of testing procedures during installation and set up through completion of system installation.
- Programs systems with a test configuration and initiates a working test regardless of system communication design.
- Maintains technical and quality bridge between internal departments and contract client, while notifying management of possible cost savings or costs incurred.
- Maintains safety program while in the field.
- Responds to service calls, as required, during normal business hours, weekends, and after hours as scheduled.
- Area travel may be required to complete certain jobs; Variety of shifts and flexible hours may be required.
- The Security Technician shall perform any other duties as assigned from time to time in support of operational necessity.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of Lenel, Hirsch, Honeywell Pro Watch and C-Cure preferred.
- Available to work day or nights shifts when needed
- 5 years of experience as an Installation Technician
- Ability to work on the security-type projects outside of Access Control
- Government issued clearance a plus (not required)
- OSHA 30 Hour a plus (not required)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test
Minimum Physical Job Requirements:
- Able lift 60 pounds or more
- Ability to work efficiently in confined space environments.
- Able to climb ladders, scaffolding and work at heights
- Able to frequently bend, sit, and stand for long periods of time
- Able to crawl into small and/or confined spaces
- Good communication skills and follow through required
Pay Range: Pay based on your level of experience and past performance
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending, Retirement (401K)
Orion is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer :.
It is the policy of Orion Management LLC to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, and citizenship status. This policy applies to recruitment and placement, promotion, training, transfer, retention, rate of pay and all other details and conditions of employment.