Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-time International Social Media Coordinator - Mandarin
at Orlando Magic
A quick summary about the Part-time International Social Media Coordinator - Mandarin role:
This role will Support Orlando Magic digital marketing efforts focused on Chinese speaking audiences by developing and executing strategies focused on increasing follower growth and engagement. Provide translations to Content Studio team for content conversion. This role is part-time, working up to 28 hours per week but will be year-round. You will be required to work all Orlando Magic home games (43-45/year) along with 5-20 select non-Magic events annually.
What the Part-time International Social Media Coordinator - Mandarin will be responsible for:
- Develop opportunities to extend the Orlando Magic brand authentically to Chinese-speaking audiences while demonstrating an understanding of organizational goals.
- Plan and program Orlando Magic’s Weibo social media channel including scheduling, posting and ongoing engagement.
- Develop compelling copy and content ideas that will resonate with our target market.
- Monitor ongoing social and cultural conversation to identify content opportunities and act through copy, photography and communicate the need for creative when required.
- Monitor and engage with social conversations about the Orlando Magic brand.
- Assist with social media metrics reporting.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of subtitles for videos as required.
- Assist in the development of a content plan for social media content for international markets primarily focused on Facebook (South America) and Weibo (China).
- Create and maintain relationships with NBA Asia and NBA contracts.
- Collaborate with Corporate Partners and help develop relevant content strategies for the brands we work with.
- Collaborate with Marketing Strategy and provide insight when tourism opportunities arise.
- All other duties as assigned.
What the Part-time International Social Media Coordinator - Mandarin needs to have:
- Associates degree Marketing, Communications or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of Marketing, Communications or Social Media experience required.
- Fluency in Mandarin, both written and oral is a must.
- Experience with Weibo and Facebook required.
- Working knowledge of the NBA.
- Ability to plan and execute digital content concepts.
- Previous experience developing and implementing subtitles considered a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere or Photoshop considered a plus.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.