PACE Center for Girls, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at PACE Center for Girls, Inc.
Guides and manages the administrative day-to-day academic program and the implementation of strategies by providing leadership to direct reports and by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Oversees and ensures the administration of pre, yearly, post and standardized tests, and the scoring of tests and ESE compliance.
· Reviews and places each girl into the PACE Program based on: transcript review, pre testing and development of individual schedules (center specific).
· Participates in the intake interview to assess the needs of each girl and family, collaborates with in-take team.
· Monitors and develops new educational services.
· Trains all academic staff including substitute teachers in accordance with guidelines set by the State of Florida; provides training to staff regarding all academic needs; teaches class as required.
· Prepares for and participates in care review meetings and facilitates on an as needed basis.
· Prepares for and participates in monthly parent/guardian meetings on an as needed basis.
· Follows the guidelines from Central Communication Center (CCC) and determines when to report incidents.
· Ensures the integration of Gender Responsive Programming and PACE Values and Guiding Principles.
· Conducts regular assemblies with the students to announce awards, educational information, upcoming events, etc.
· Uses ETO and other documentation to ensure the timely and accurate recording of IAP’s, advisee meetings, parent/guardian contact, meetings with girls, academic road maps, attendance, girls participation and monthly progress reports.
· Monitors implementations of the School Improvement Plan quarterly, provide feedback with a formal report as required.
· Prepares and submits all necessary documentation to appropriate agencies to comply with school board requirements and PACE policy; ensures the accuracy of transcripts.
· Develops and coordinates schedule/special events with Social Services Manager and other management staff.
· Processes proper registration/withdrawal documents while maintaining census.
· Oversees the implementation of the strength Based Behavior Management System.
· Monitors daily academic operations and ensures teaching standards are in accordance with Sunshine State Standards.
· Reviews Individualized Academic Plans for girls and assist teachers with implementation of plans.
· Hire, trains, supervises and evaluates academic staff on an on-going basis.
· Conducts new employee orientation; plans and conducts formal and informal supervision.
· Monitors teacher’s training requirements and ensure license certifications are current.
· Arranges for teacher substitutions when needed; teaches class as required.
· Supervises interns.
· Ensures the accuracy of girl’s grades and credits earned are documents in the local school board MIS system.
Supervisory Responsibility: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with agency policies and applicable laws.
Education and/or Experience and Technical Skills:
Bachelors Degree from four-year college or university, Master’s preferred. Major in Education or a related field preferred.
· Minimum three to five years experience in an Educational or Social Services environment preferred.
· Teaching Certification required and other certification as required by district.
· Current Florida driver’s license required.
· Knowledge of educational expectations of state and school districts is preferred.
· Knowledge of laws relating to children and families preferred.
· Proficiency in computer skills, database management and/or office software is required.
· Must adhere to Agency Values and Principles.
· Upholds the ethical standards of the Agency.
· Follows policies and procedures of the Agency.
· Must work evenings and weekends as required to fulfill workload requirements.
· Must be able to travel by automobile, plane, train, etc.; occasional overnight travel may be required.