Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Scope of Work
Independently perform installation, maintenance, fabrication, modification, troubleshooting, repair, adjustment, calibration, potting, molding, test and operation of high and low voltage power systems, substations, power panels, electro/mechanical, electrical/electronic high/low voltage equipment including specialized electrical/electronic systems and control circuits, sub-systems assemblies, sub-assemblies, PC cards, chassis, relays, protective devices, instrumentation components, PLC’s, bridges, hoists, doors, motors, shop machinery, cables, lighting, appliances, clocks, gauges, meters, test equipment, gas and diesel generators, portable electrical equipment and components, etc. May start/stop mobile power generators. Perform work in other classifications when incidental but necessary to accomplish work assignments. Perform any work assigned to employees in this classification.
Performs duties in compliance with Federal, State, local, NASA and Air Force laws and regulations and requirements and KSC/CCAFS energy management conservation regulations, collective bargaining agreements, security, safety, hurricane and other specialized programs or contractual requirements relating to the business of the section, working within the limits of established policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains, repairs, adjusts, operates and tests low voltage electrical circuits and systems for optimum efficiency.
- Works with engineering personnel to devise modification plans
- Works from detailed prints, schematics, and drawings and verbal or written instructions.
- Tests and analyzes data to effect proper maintenance or adjustments to low voltage systems, including (but not limited to) cranes, hoists, lighting, distribution systems and fire alarms.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs elevator controls systems and printed circuit controls.
- Maintains and uses specialized tools and equipment in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Work from verbal information, schematics, blueprints, wiring diagrams, documents, vendor manuals, and applicable national, state and municipal specifications and codes.
- Use electrical/electronic and mechanical test equipment, instruments, measuring devices and shop tools such as: resistance soldering units, meters, scopes, probes, microbrazers, generators, counters, potting equipment, ovens, molds, etc.
- Perform functional and/or operational tests of refurbished, repaired, and modified equipment.
- Transport mobile power generators, when required.
- Maintain logs, charts, graphs and records, as required.
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to operate and service various rotating equipment
- Work with computers
- Ability to work independently but follow specific detailed instructions
- Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team- oriented environment
- Maintain certifications, licenses, permits, etc., required for performance of assigned tasks.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problem and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Perform or assist with any departmental operations, under direction, to maintain work flow.
- Maintain security clearance, area permit(s), licenses, certifications, etc. required for performance of assigned tasks.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s license.
- Performs other related and/or associated duties as required.
- This classification may include managing hazardous materials or other environmental responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Lift, push, pull, and carry heavy objects exceeding 30 pounds
- Walk, stand, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl and bend/twist body for extended periods of time
- Work at heights
- Walk up/down stairs frequently
- Climb ladders and scaffolding
- Use hands to handle, control, feel objects, tools and make adjustments to equipment controls
- Frequently perform repetitive movements
- Ability to correctly perform with corrective devices, tasks that require close visual acuity, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus
- Wear job/task related/required PPE: i.e. safety shoes, hearing / eye protection, hard hat, respirators, gloves, fall protection etc.
- Tolerate in and outdoor extreme cold, heat and humid conditions for extended periods of time
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
- May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles and electrical shock hazards.
- May be required to work a flexible work schedule and on alternating work days to meet mission and customer requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or equivalent and
- A recognized apprenticeship training program plus 2 years of experience OR
- Military or Civilian vocational training plus 2 years of experience OR
- 5 years of direct work-related skills, knowledge, and experience - Journeyman’s license preferred.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to read and understand electrical drawings and possess ability to work safely on both energized and de-energized equipment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain job related Licenses, Certifications etc. required by Federal, State, local, NASA and Air Force standards, rules and regulations
- Able to interact with customers and coworkers in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Must have working knowledge of computers and work-related computer programs associated with the position
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.