Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision;
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers; and
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Employees are required to:
- Comply with all applicable safety- and health-related rules, regulations, and procedures;
- Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely;
- Assist supervisors and managers in identifying and mitigating potentially hazardous conditions; and
- Help the organization maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Purpose of the Position
- Develop, implement and oversee various Safety and Quality Engineering programs and procedures.
- Monitor work locations, hazardous operations and tasks, operation and maintenance of facilities/ systems/equipment, and construction activities to assure compliance with applicable local, state and federal safety requirements.
- Advise management of appropriate safety criteria for the conduct of safe operations.
Principal Duties/Responsibilities of the Position
- Develop, implement, review and audit Safety and Quality Engineering programs and procedures, including, but not limited to, System Safety, Electrical Safety, Lock Out/Tag Out, Fall Protection, and Cranes.
- Prepare Safety Hazard Analysis on lifting devices and equipment.
- Develop Hazardous Operation Task Analysis.
- Coordinate with System Engineers in the development of Energized Electrical Work Analysis & Authorization Permits.
- Prepare, coordinate, approve, and release a Hazard Assessment (HA) and Risk Assessment (RA) for identifying and managing hazards and associated risks with new and/or major modifications to Facilities/Systems/Equipment, Equipment Reschedules and Deferrals, new and/or major Process Modifications.
- Conduct System Safety Assessments. Evaluate design projects for system safety criteria.
- Implement and maintain system safety processes.
- Check for compliance with safe loads and material handling requirements.
- Familiarize the organizations with the requirements for safety inspections, accident and incident investigations and the goals and objectives of the safety program.
- Monitor activities for compliance with company, local, state and federal safety standards, codes, regulations/practices. Recommend corrective action for safety discrepancies and follow up through line management.
- Investigate accidents to determine their cause. Recommend corrective action to eliminate future similar accidents and follow up through line management.
- Provide surveillance of hazardous operations or tests as required by established procedures, manuals, instructions or special requirements.
- Interface with all levels of management/supervision and line personnel ensuring risk management methodologies are being incorporated into facilities/systems/equipment operations and maintenance.
- Review submittals and monitor the activities of subcontractor elements to ensure their safety programs are in compliance with applicable requirements.
- Maintain logs and records, as required.
- Develop, prepare, and submit reports, as required.
- Provide guidance and support of contract related Safety Committees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, from a nationally-accredited institution, in occupational safety, engineering, physics or a related discipline.
- Minimum of five years of professional-level safety experience with breadth and depth of safety duties and responsibilities applicable to this position description.
- System Safety, Electrical Safety, Lock-out/Tag-out, Crane Safety, and Fall Protection experience required.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Quality engineering experience preferred.
- Must possess working knowledge of OSHA, NASA, and other applicable Federal, State, and local requirements and consensus industry standards (e.g., ANSI, NFPA).
- Must possess working knowledge of basic computer operation including word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Must maintain security clearance, area access permit(s), licenses, certifications, etc. required for performance of assigned tasks.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.