Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
System Engineer (Elevators)
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
System Engineer (Elevators)
Purpose and Scope:
Perform a variety of system engineering assignments in project development, design, operations, installation, and maintenance of various elevator systems, stairway chairlifts and other miscellaneous assigned equipment.
1. Knowledgeable of the operation and maintenance requirements of various elevator systems such as rack and pinion, cable, traction, and hydraulic piston. Familiar with material lift operation and maintenance.
2. Proficient in elevator controls to include but not limited to PLC’s, HMI’s, and software interfaces.
3. Ability to read, interpret and create PLC programs for elevator operations.
4. Well versed in ASME A17.1, Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators and A17.2, Guide for Inspection of Elevators, Escalators, and Moving Walks.
5. Perform a range of design development, analysis or review tasks under minimal supervision.
6. Support shop technicians in troubleshooting issues related to elevator operations as needed. Provide technical expertise for technical anomalies as they arise. Resolve and document failure anomalies regarding assigned equipment.
7. Perform and/or witness qualified elevator inspections.
8. Revise and add new asset information in Maximo database for elevator, material lifts, and other assigned equipment per MAR (Maintenance Action Request) process.
9. Lead the Elevator System Health and Readiness Program (SHARP) team by assessing equipment, identifying issues, and developing solutions.
10. Coordinate and work closely with requester, customers, other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
11. Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
12. Conduct site visits, experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
13. Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
14. Support development of technical proposals, statements of work and/or provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
15. Develop task order requirements to NASA to complete Operations & Maintenance Documentation (OMD) updates per specific, contracted timeframes. OMD updates could be on drawings or job plans for assigned equipment/systems.
16. Coordinate and communicate effectively with CAD drafters, Design Engineers, or shop personnel by written or verbal means.
17. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related scientific field and 10+ year of job-related experience or equivalent. Good communications and analytical skills.
Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Most positions involve work typical of office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting with occasional use of computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must posses planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Some positions involve work in environments (e.g., shipboard, labs, outside locations, etc.) where mechanical equipment, weapons, etc. are being installed, tested, analyzed/monitored, operated, and/or maintained. Equipment may be loud and noisy or have exposed moving components. Such positions may involve routine lifting up to 50 pounds, regular handling, grasping, kneeling and carrying, and constant use of vision and mental alertness is required.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.