pasco county fl
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at pasco county fl
Pay: $13.89 to $22.23/hour
$13.89 - $22.23
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2768313
Overall Job Objective
- Salary Disclosure/General Description
- Salary Disclosure:
Starting Salary: $13.89
Pay Grade: N28
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy & Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Public Transportation
Location: New Port Richey
General Description: Bus operating work necessary to provide transit and paratransit service to Pasco County residents and visitors, including the elderly, social service program participants, and individuals with disabilities.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an Emergency. During an Emergency employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
- Essential Job Functions
- Operates transit coaches and other passenger-carrying vehicles in the performance of transit or paratransit service. Provides public transportation services on an assigned fixed or flexible route and/or schedule. Collects fares when applicable and makes message announcements while en route. Assists passengers as required. Boards, secures, and off-loads wheelchair and other mobility-assisted passengers. Provides information and responds to passenger inquiries. Conducts safety and operational vehicle inspections. Prepares daily inspection and passenger/trip reports.
Work involves considerable contact with the public and requires tact, judgment and diplomacy. Work is performed with considerable independence under the general direction of a supervisor or lead driver. Responsible for maintaining vehicle in clean and safe operating order, and reporting malfunctions.
Assists in emergency evacuations as assigned and performs other related work as required.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skill and experience in the operation of large transit coaches.
- Knowledge of traffic laws, rules, driving courtesy, and the fundamentals of defensive driving.
- Ability to serve and interact with the public.
- Ability to operate two-way radio communication equipment.
- Ability to remain calm and stay focused during stressful traffic situations and when dealing with irate customers.
- Ability to accurately and legibly complete and submit required reports.
- Ability to successfully complete recurring training, including Defensive Driving Course and CPR/First Aid.
- Knowledge of geographic area.
- Ability to read a map, locate addresses, plan an efficient route and maintain assigned schedule.
- Ability to make recommendations and to use resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Schedules may change with short notice.
- Minimum Requirements
- PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and also push or pull heavy objects. May use a handling device (dolly, cart, etc.) or work with another team member to lift and/or move excessively heavy objects. Ability to climb, bend, stoop, walk, and squat frequently. Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma. Minimum of one (1) year of driving experience in the operation of a bus, minibus, passenger van, tractor trailer, or similar.
SPLIT SHIFTS, SPLIT DAYS-OFF, EVENINGS, SATURDAY AND HOLIDAY DUTY WILL BE ASSIGNED AS REQUIRED TO PERFORM SCHEDULED SERVICE.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid Florida Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class "B" with Air Brakes and "P" endorsement. Applicants with the appropriate out of state CDL will be considered, but must obtain a Florida CDL by date of hire.
All applicants must undergo a Florida Department of Transportation medical examination and pass a urine drug test prior to employment. Medical examinations will be conducted every two years. Future urine drug testing and alcohol breath testing will comply with the Pasco County Public Transportation Substance Abuse Policy.
No convictions within the past 10 years for DUI/impaired driving.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law.VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter SSA-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.