Pilot Flying J
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HVAC-R Service Technician
at Pilot Flying J
Ask about our $1,000 Sign On Bonus!
Bring your Talent to our Winning Team!Dispatched from home and 45-50+ hours a week. You will play an important partof keeping our stores running smoothly. Company service vehicle, all tools,equipment, cellular phone/iPad and laptop provided. Substantial quarterlybonus, off on weekends, NO on-call and responsible for 15-20 locations.
The purpose of this job is to performinstallations, maintenance, and repairs of facility HVAC/R, food serviceequipment, plumbing, and electrical systems within various food and retaillocations.
· Respond to service requests; troubleshoot,diagnose, and repair based on warranty and industry standards
· Communicate with service tech supervisor andstore management to report repair status
· Complete same day work order repair notes andforward to supervisor; ensure charge allocations are entered accordingly
· Monitor truck stock to ensure required parts areavailable
· Maintain service vehicle, tools, and uniforms inaccordance with Pilot Flying J (PFJ) standards
· Ensure facility interiors and exteriors areinspected for safety and maintenance issues
· Ensure repairs, equipment, and work activitiesare performed in accordance with OSHA regulations
· Ensure all activities are in compliance withrules, regulations, policies, and procedures
· Complete other duties as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalent certificaterequired
· Valid state driver’s license and positivedriving history required
· Minimum three years’ recent maintenanceexperience of commercial HVAC systems required; certification required
· Minimum three years’ recent maintenanceexperience to include repairing commercial cooking or refrigeration equipmentrequired
· Basic knowledge, understanding, and ability torepair commercial plumbing and electrical systems required
· Basic understanding of OSHA guidelines,policies, and procedures
· Basic knowledge of the functionality of aBuilding Management System (BMS) and Energy Management System (EMS)
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communicationskills
· Ability to work independently with minimalsupervision
· Intermediate mathematical skills
· Ability to read and interpret site drawings
· Ability to collaborate with various departments
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to work in congested areas duringbusiness hours
· Strong customer service skills