PLS Logistics Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at PLS Logistics Services
- Regular Full-Time
The Logistics Coordinator will work as an active team member and is responsible for daily customer service requirements on all shipments. This position works to ensure carrier utilization plans are met, with respect to performance and profitability.
- Booking & scheduling all shipments within the assigned Account Executive / team.
- Understand metrics that lead to team profitability including call center statistics, revenue & net revenue, variance to target, variance to max, load counts, etc.
- Direct communication with the Account Executives and Leadership team.
- Identify and solve capacity shortfalls within the team.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and understanding of various systems, technology, and tools to locate and secure various equipment types for customer shipments.
- Assign carriers to move shipments based on shipment information.
- Profitability: Choose carriers based on service levels and profitability targets.
- Negotiate carrier rates (under targets).
- Ensure all loads are covered that are expected to ship each day.
- Assist with the training and development of all new logistics coordinators and AET’s through shadowing, best practice sharing, and technical support
- Other duties as required by business needs or as assigned.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Must exhibit the ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to multi-task and understand how to prioritize workload in order of importance.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.