PM Hotel Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CONCIERGE - Melbourne, FL
at PM Hotel Group
To attend to the daily functions of the concierge lounge and to provide information and assistance to all concierge level guests and hotel guests as requested. To ensure that the daily food and beverage service in the lounge is maintained and served to brand standards.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Assist guests with their food and beverage needs while in the concierge lounge.
• Provide information to guests about:
•Local areas (i.e. social, cultural, historical and physical attractions), location and hours of operation.
•All hotel facilities (i.e. the hours of operation, location, daily and weekly events).
•Local area restaurants and theater/musical productions.
•Airlines, automobile rental, transportation directions, office services, and beauty/barber establishments.
• Make reservations and arrangements for events, transportation, local attractions, restaurants, tours, etc. as requested.
• Procure services; provide information and reserve services and/or use of bonded babysitters, reputable athletic clubs, etc.
• Comply with hotel and brand procedures and standards for check-ins, check-outs, cash handing, etc.
• Assist guests with other requested services (e.g. mail, faxes, etc.).
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
• Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, and upward reaching. Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking. Considerable knowledge of and ability to communicate clear directions to nearby local attractions and hotel facilities and services. Considerable knowledge of city and surrounding areas. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.