Power Engineers Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Power Engineers Inc
Power Delivery Distribution Services Group V
Roles and Responsibilities
- The qualified candidate should be familiar with the design and operation of utility electrical systems which they can apply their knowledge for developing new designs
- Compilation of design packages for construction
- Perform quality reviews of project deliverables
- General experience in the design, operation, construction, and maintenance of overhead and underground distribution lines (4 kV through 35 kV) and/or strong familiarity with construction processes
- Exposure to utility standards, NESC, and an understanding of construction techniques
- Must be able to successfully pass client's background screening process
- A valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- A two year technical certificate or degree is preferred but not required
- Prior utility design experience or distribution line work is highly preferred
- Exposure to utility Geographical Information Systems (GIS); GE Smallworld, ArcFM, etc.
- Ability to work in design teams, is self-motivated to perform assigned tasks, and take the initiative to learn the trade
- Exposure to utility standards, the ability to use design software packages, and general construction knowledge and aptitude
- Strong computer design skills, the ability to learn new software packages efficiently, and retain and apply on the job training
- Must have strong command of the English language and possess good written and oral communications skills
- Some travel should be expected
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.