PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Territory Manager (Outside Sales Representative) -Orlando, FL-2018-12273
at PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Posted Date
Territory Manager (Outside Sales Representative) - Orlando, FL-2018-12273
The Territory Manager is responsible for driving the sales performance of the organization's products within a specific division. This position sells the company's products and services using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services that meet their needs, resulting in revenue generation. In addition, the Territory Manager provides input and participates in the marketing, market planning, and technical development of products and services. This role will cover the Orlando Distribution area. This territory will cover Punta Gorda to Sebastian up west side Tallahassee East FL along the GA line south and everything in between.
PrimeSource is one of the largest purveyors of fasteners in the world and one of the largest distributors of building materials in North America.
With 34 distribution centers and 1,200 employees across North America and the Caribbean, PrimeSource’s distribution network is larger and more comprehensive than any other in the industry.
PrimeSource Product Brands:
Grip-Rite® - First introduced in 1975, Grip-Rite is now the top-selling brand of fasteners in America. The company currently provides:
- Fasteners, nails and screws, nuts and bolts, threaded rod.
- Collated fasteners designed to fit Grip-Rite tools and many others.
- Flexible strip collated screw system: collated screws, adaptors and accessories.
- Tools, compressors, hoses and fittings: complete pneumatic fastening system.
- Fencing and wire products for both urban and agricultural environments.
- Concrete accessories: rebar, steel stakes, accessories.
- Poly products: house-wrap, curing blankets, reinforced poly, tarps, poly sheeting, barrier fence, silt fence, poly fence.
- Building products: Builder’s hardware, building paper, felt paper.
- Collaborates the development and implementation of sales plans to achieve corporate goals
- Develop sales forecasting and set performance goals accordingly
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote product
- Deliver sales presentations to key clients
- Meet with key clients, maintaining relationships to aid in negotiations and closing deals
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Extensive ground travel within territory, 70% – 85%
- Assist in the formulation and the delivery of sales training materials and efforts
- Utilization of CRM to assist with the selling process
- Lead sales activities to maximize revenues, margin targets, market share, and overall corporate objectives
- Leads and / or participates in complex client contract negotiations that drive sales
- Create positive atmosphere and morale across region; employees feel incentivized and motivated
- Proven ability to develop strong client relationships in diverse locations and cultures
- Customer service driven with the ability to nurture long term relationships
- Strong sales leader with solid business acumen
- Ability to use a CRM for data, reporting, and forecasting
- Implement and execute immediate strategies for the sales function that are consistent with the company’s strategic plans
- Develop a culture of creativity in approach to business development
- Lead fast paced, customer centric sales employees
- Work with Sales Manager and Distribution Center Managers to develop and achieve revenue and overhead budgets
- Knowledge of business accounting principles, budget preparation, and strong business acumen
- Excellent formal presentation skills before both small and large groups
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Driven and results oriented; drives business development, KPIs, and market expansion to meet corporate targets
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding of building materials industry
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel within the organization and customer operations
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Administration or Sales Management, preferred
5 Key Competencies
- Strategic Skills: Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends; comprehends the big picture.
- Resourcefulness/Initiative: Passionately finds ways over, around, or through barriers to success; achieves results despite lack of resources; goes beyond the call of duty; shows bias for action; a results-oriented “doer”.
- Organization Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in efficient, organized manner; focuses on key priorities.
- Customer Focus: Monitors client satisfaction (internal or external); establishes partner relationships with clients; visible and accessible to clients.
- Change Leadership: Actively intervenes to create and energize positive change; leads by example.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is fully committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, gender, religion, age, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information and other non-merit factors. All persons shall be afforded equal employment opportunity at PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. prohibits discrimination in all aspects of its personnel policies, program practices and operations and relationships with employees and applicants, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring and merit promotion. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. promotes programs of affirmative recruitment and employment at all levels of PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. subscribes to, and will implement to the full extent, all applicable laws that promote equality of opportunity.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to ensure that persons with disabilities have every opportunity to be hired and advanced on the basis of merit within PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.