Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Laborer- Destin, FL
at Prince Contracting
Perform tasks involving physical labor on highway and heavy construction projects. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials. Duties are many and varied, but generally do not require skill, experience, or the exercising of judgment.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in heavy/highway construction projects
- Perform manual work in preparing surfaces for paving
- Shovel bituminous concrete (asphalt) into construction area
- Fine grade fill to grades as instructed by foreman
- Assist in patching asphalt with hot and cold mix
- Excavate and fill trenches and ditches
- Maintain a clean job site. Pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Material handling and storage
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials
- Assist other craft workers
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Report issues to the Foreman, Safety Supervisor or Safety Manager.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site foremen, supervisors and fellow employees
- Must be able to work eight (8) to ten (10) hours per day, performing work outdoors in all types of weather, including extreme heat
- Job requires standing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, squatting and walking.
- Must possess manual dexterity to handle and carry generators, lumber, forms, power and hand tools, and other types of construction materials.
- Maintain constant awareness of the jobsite’s various concurrent activities, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.