Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transport Driver - Tampa, Florida
at Prince Contracting
Job Descriptions: The primary responsibilities of this position include the safe loading, transportation and delivery of heavy equipment for construction projects involved in heavy civil highway/bridge construction. This position is located in the Greater Tampa Bay Area with occasional travel to Davie/Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Macon, Georgia.
· Must have a Class A CDL license with two years experience transporting heavy equipment
· Must possess a clean and safe driving record with a consistent and stable work history
· Must have two years experience in transporting heavy equipment preferably in a heavy civil highway construction environment
· Must possess an excellent work ethic to include loading, transporting and delivering equipment in a professional, safe, efficient and timely manner
· Must be able to perform frequent lifting, pulling, and pushing, stooping, walking, driving and climbing in Florida weather and for up to ten (10) hours per day five (5) days per week and occasionally six (6) days per week
· Must possess excellent communication skills
· Must have a current DOT physical examination card and a current commercial driver’s license with HAZMAT and tanker endorsements
· Must possess knowledge of all applicable DOT regulations and Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
· Must maintain a drug free workplace
· The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.