Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Repair Technician-Audio Visual Warehouse Operations Orlando
The Repair Technician, Warehouse Operations (WO) is responsible for facilitating and conducting repair of PSAV owned equipment and supports equipment transportation, scanning, tracking, internal billing and other warehouse functions. This position is responsible for implementing & overseeing quality control (QC) processes and updates the Service Central database in a timely and accurate manner. Additional responsibilities include maintaining spare parts inventory, documenting the repair process, and providing overall assistance to internal and external team members. The Repair Technician will report to the National Repair Manager or Director of Warehouse Operations.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Perform technical & cosmetic repair and maintenance on PSAV equipment and road cases. Includes show related items and facility related items.
· Support all Quality Control processes and procedures.
· Design and build miscellaneous equipment or devices to increase performance of existing products or add value to existing equipment.
· Maintain relationships with vendors and order necessary parts to complete repairs.
· Visit PSAV hotel locations to inspect gear and identify items in need of repair.
· Establish and provide reporting on key repair metrics and ROI
· Purchase shop related items
· Research and test new equipment.
· Prepare synopsis of benefits, costs, and downfalls of new equipment.
· Continually looks for product advances and manufactured related problems with equipment.
· Provide excellent service and strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers. Maintain positive relationships with PSAV teams through effective communication and excellent service.
· Inform internal and external customers on repair status
· Produce reports on key repair metrics, as necessary.
Equipment Handling and Tracking:
· Pick, scan, and stage outgoing equipment for transport.
· Sort, scan, and perform QC on incoming equipment.
· Re-shelf equipment after gear is sorted and QC process completed.
· Perform annual physical inventory of equipment.
· Load and unload equipment from vans, trucks, and tractor-trailers.
· Assist with equipment deliveries or on show site as directed.
· Keep work area orderly.
· Understand company processes and follows procedures.
· Utilize Helios software to manage pick lists and track equipment orders.
· Utilize I-Procurement to order parts.
· Utilize Service Manager to maintain work order database.
· Complete system entry and paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
· Minimum of an associate’s degree or diploma in a related technical discipline, or equivalent formal military technical training.
· 1 years of experience in component level fault isolation and repair.
· Experience in the repair of professional/semi-professional A/V and lighting equipment (or consumer electronics) is a definite plus.
· Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and repair analog and digital circuitry to the component level.
· Ability to competently use test-equipment such as DMM, oscilloscope, and signal generators.
· Clean soldering/DE soldering skills on both thru-hole and surface mount components.
· Self-motivated, resourceful individual with the ability to work well independently and in groups.
· Good mechanical skills.
· Basic computer/Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) skills.
· Ability to take direction & communicate with managers and subordinates.
· Organizational skills.
· Concern for quality
· Exceeds customer expectations
Team members must be able to meet the physical demands above in order to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Work is generally performed in a warehouse environment that is generally noisy. Team members will occasionally visit other work locations for meetings or for other business reasons. Working times will include days and may include evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV.