Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plans Support-Wing Level/ Aircrew Controller
at QuantiTech, inc.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- 2 months ago(7/29/2019 10:35 AM)
QuantiTech, Inc. is a Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) founded in Huntsville, Alabama in 1991 by Sheila Brown. QuantiTech has a twenty-eight-year track record of providing superior technical and management support to both Government and Commercial Customers in Systems Engineering and Integration; Program and Project Management; Test and Evaluation; Logistics Engineering; Safety; Business Management; and Information Technology.
QuantiTech is currently seeking a Plans Support-Wing Level/Aircrew Controller to support our customer in Duke Field, FL.
The 492d Special Operations Wing (492 SOW) requires technical advisory and assistance services for support in operations management, to include functions related to current operations, training, deployment management, logistics support, and administrative support. Due to continuous contingency, deployment commitments, and general lack of authorized support personnel at the group and squadron levels, 492 SOW is in need of operations management support in order to continue to meet contingency and HQ Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) training commitments.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide continuity and assist with the logistics, planning, scheduling, flying mission tracking, and related mission support as designated by the squadron
- Liaise with joint and civilian personnel and work in close concert with operations personnel to determine training and support requirements to ensure aircrew and aircraft can operate off-station from their assigned base of operations
- Assist squadron leadership to plan future operations, to include flying schedules and de-confliction of aircrew currencies, qualifications, upgrades and training priorities that includes Airdrop operations and any airspace required for the execution of the scheduled flying line, as well as coordination to ensure aircraft support at CONUS and OCONUS airfields, arrangement of lodging, and other logistical requirements
- Produce documents to ensure trip details are complete; to include Form 111's and Defense Travel System (DTS) orders
- Coordinate with the Aircraft Commander/Mission Commander post mission, to ensure that an After-Action Report is accomplished and submitted through Wing Command and Control agencies
- Squadron level planners will have excellent interpersonal communications skills to work closely other Wings, HHQ, and Joint Components
Other Responsibilities that may be requested in this role:
- Provide recommendation to leadership on how to integrate training, plans, and program objectives dealing with current and future training and operations, to include classified OPLANS.
- Support the planning and coordination for squadron participation in CONUS and OCONUS exercises and other major training events.
- Support the integration through Higher Headquarters (HHQ), as necessary, and will pass all required information to the appointed Mission Commander.
- Attend planning conferences to support the integration of the squadron into exercises and training events.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of the scheduling process while maximizing effects of limited assets.
- Support timely and accurate reception, coordination, and processing aircraft/personnel request submissions from Wing XP and above supporting movement of Special Operations cargo and personnel.
- Squadron planners will communicate using a variety of tools (voice, email, ..etc.) to secure information and cooperation, assist to resolve conflicts and controversial matters, and will provide detailed information of the decisions and changes from original request to aircrew scheduled to support requests.
- Use flight planning software to develop Courses of Action (COA), estimated cargo and fuel loads, estimated flight times and possible locations for fuel and Remain Over Night (RON) during supported taskings.
- Use established Wing and Group processes to confirm support or non-support of user requests and will coordinate with Group Current Operations and Squadron Scheduling to recommend the proper crew for the assignment, maintenance and logistics actions taken, and other entities notified as necessary.
- When necessary, the squadron planner will assist in training their counter parts and routinely prepare updates and briefings of mobility operations for squadron commander and staff.
- Coordinate and prepare reports and presentations (Bullet Background papers, Point Papers, Power Point slide shows).
- Attend maintenance and scheduling meetings and other duties in line with the above responsibilities.
- Must possess an active and transferable DoD security clearance with current investigation
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 years of experience
- Specific experience in an AFSOC Wing, Group or Squadron Plans shop
- Extensive experience with all facets of Microsoft Office (predominantly Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Applicants for positions which require a US government security clearance must meet eligibility requirements to include US citizenship.
QuantiTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer as defined by the EEOC. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran, and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online application as a result of your disability, you have the right to receive assistance by calling us directly at 256-650-6263 or by email at: email@example.com .
QuantiTech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship, or any other federal, state, or locally protected class.