Raymond James Financial
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President, Information Technology -Risk and Anti-Money Laundering
at Raymond James Financial
The Vice President, Information Technology for Risk and Anti-Money Laundering will provide management leadership in the design, development, integration and delivery of technology-enabled applications, products and services within Raymond James' suite of Risk and Anti-Money laundering applications. In this role, you will provide strategic direction to the group responsible for the Market Risk, Credit Risk and Operational Risk Systems along with the Anti Money Laundering Systems. You will influence and drive strategic direction, develop tactical plans, execute complex assignments with substantial latitude for autonomous actions or decisions. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Technology this role will be leading projects, programs or processes with significant business impact involving cross-functional teams.
What you will do:
• Drive IT solutions to ensure they meet business needs balanced with a pragmatic and integrated approach.
• Provide technical thought leadership and be a strong collaborator with domain SMEs, application architects and development teams.
• Adopt new and emerging technologies to provide solutions to client needs (Robotic Process Automation, Machine Learning)
• Conduct broad market, industry, and competitive analyses to define project features and functionality.
• Lead technology focused presentations at branch focused conferences and meetings.
• Consult with potential advisors/RIAs on technology offerings and make recommendations on solutions.
• Work closely with business unit management, and development and support teams to understand priorities and issues.
• Define target state for Risk IT ecosystem and execution roadmap, to provide a consolidated view of Risk for the firm. Execution includes remediation of gaps related to – input data, exposure calculations, aggregation and reporting.
• Leverage systems & processes to attract, develop & retain talented individuals.
• Participate in the budgeting process and maintain forecasts for the technology group.
• Participate in firm-wide prioritization process to ensure resources are used on highest priority projects and provide trade-off analysis to evaluate alternatives when additional in-house resources are not available.
• Initiate and manage outreach campaigns to drive awareness and utilization.
• Manage complex and visible service escalations through relationship and source management.
• Build and maintain relationships with external vendors.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related field.
• Financial Services industry experience.
• Minimum ten (10) years of experience in Information technology including technology leadership roles leading complex projects involving significant data and batch oriented processes.
• Experience designing data centric enterprise applications in a Risk and AML domain.
• Experience with Bloomberg MARS and Oracle FCCM (Mantas) is a plus.
• Strong understanding of data processes and controls.
• Ability to communicate effectively to large audiences (both verbal and written) is required.
• Ability to influence people from different levels of the organization.
• Ability to learn new concepts and drive strategic direction.
• None required.