Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Red Lobster
The Senior Accounting Processor provides accounting support for the Corporate Reporting functional area. In this role, the Senior Accounting Processor will be responsible for reconciling various accounts, maintaining process controls, assisting property accounting and performing month-end close reporting and responsibilities.
- Perform bank and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Maintain and document process controls in accordance with SOX guidelines.
- Analyze various accounts, process journal entries and make corrections as necessary.
- Prepare journal entries as required for month end.
- Prepare period end reports.
- Areas of work/analysis may include reconciliations of prepaid assets, cash, intangibles, and/or goodwill; control monitoring; invoice processing; subsidiary accounting; exchange rate translations; and monthly recurring entry monitoring and set-up.
- Perform other special projects as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including more advanced functions such as lookups and/or pivot tables.
- Proficiency with other Microsoft programs including Word and Outlook.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting processes and practices.
- Experienced with Oracle, T-Recs Enterprise, and BI (or equivalent systems and reporting tools).
- General accounting knowledge including preparation of journal entries and understanding of balance sheet and income statement relationship and flow of accounting transactions.
- Knowledge of exchange rates and currency conversion preferred.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a high-volume workload.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibits a sense of urgency, understands the importance of month-end closing deadlines.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Helpful attitude, positive teamwork spirit with a willingness to help.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Strong follow-through for problem resolution.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, preferred, with a minimum of three years of related experience in accounting (corporate reporting, preparing reconciliations, analytical review) or related graduate degree.
- CPA candidate a plus
$34,400 - $43,000