Reunion Resort & Club
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Kitchen Supervisor, Kissimmee, FL 34747, FL
at Reunion Resort & Club
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 469050423064001
Supervise day-to-day operations in assigned outlets. Ensure that all processes and procedures are adhered to according to Reunion standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct/Attend meetings including: Service Line up, Chef’s Meeting, monthly department meetings
- Assist in executing of all events related as well as other resort events as needed
- Assist with Restaurant Menus as needed, including Special Event Menus
- Assist in Controlling Food & Labor Costs against Budget
- Assist in execution of all functions from set up to scheduling, ordering and receiving
- Expedite and/or work on the line when needed
- Continue to be on the cutting edge by conducting new product and trend research
- Maintain all sanitation and HACCP documentation
- Communicate effectively with peers, management, line and front of the house employees
- Create Weekly Schedules to ensure proper coverage while maintaining budget
- Create weekly and Daily Specials to maintain variety
- Effectively coach and council line employees to ensure standards are met and exceeded
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older
- Culinary Arts degree preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years of progressive culinary experience in an upscale Restaurant, Resort or Private Club environment.
- Knowledge of various types of cuisines superior experiences with concepts as well as continental cuisine such as French, Italian, Asian, Latin, etc.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities.
- Must be a self-motivator and motivator of others.
- Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Must have mathematical skills and basic computer software aptitude
- Serve Safe, Sanitation and HACCP proficiency
- Able to clearly understand and effectively manage all aspects food, labor and operational cost with the assistance of Chef de Cuisine.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be able to work in a hot, cold, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time.
- Be able to reach, stoop, bend and lift up to 50 lbs.