Reunion Resort & Club
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Cook, Kissimmee, FL 34747, FL
at Reunion Resort & Club
Assists the Chef de Cuisine with all kitchen operations. Ensures that the kitchen provides nutritious, safe, eye-appealing and properly flavored food. Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment for all Service Professionals. Specific duties involve food preparation and the establishment of quality standards, training of Service Professionals in cooking methods, presentation techniques and portion control.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Daily supervision and maintenance of food quality as per Reunion Resort's specifications.
- Implementation and supervision of proper HACCP safety and sanitation practices.
- Ordering and receiving of product to meet business levels, maintain proper cost controls and meeting quality standards.
- Monitoring scheduled SP's hours to meet business levels and maintain labor cost control.
- Continuous training of other SP's to meet and exceed service standards utilizing Salamander Core Values.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older.
- Culinary Arts degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of progressive culinary experience in an upscale Restaurant, Resort or Private Club environment.
- Knowledge of various types of cuisines superior experiences with concepts as well as continental cuisine such as French, Italian, Asian, Latin, etc.
- Excellent command of the English language in verbal and written communication skills.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in hot kitchen with temperatures exceeding 100 degrees.
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Ability to work and perform under pressure.
- Must be able to work various days and hours.
- Must be able to make clear decisions quickly.