Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc
- # of Openings
- Job Level
We are currently seeking a Senior Inspector for our Transportation-Construction Management Practice in the Lakeland, FL area.
The Senior Inspector will have experience in soils, concrete, steel and masonry materials testing and inspection experience in the field of road and bridge construction.
- Inspection and testing of soils, concrete, steel and masonry materials for major road and bridge projects. Experience with FDOT construction and knowledge of FDOT specifications desired
- Oversee field operations and prepare reports for drilled shaft and driven pile foundations
- Oversee field operations and prepare reports for earthwork and asphalt operations
- Oversee field operations for concrete placement of structural elements
- Document daily field activities and enter information into Site Manager
- Enter payment quantities for progress estimate generation into Site Manager
- Communicate daily job site progress with senior staff
- High school diploma and 8+ years of transportation experience with an emphasis in the bridge construction inspection – OR -
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university with 4+ years of progressive bridge construction experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clear Driving Record
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- FDOT/ CTQP Field certifications required
- CTQP Concrete Field Inspector Level I & II
- CTQP Asphalt Roadway Inspector Level I & II
- CTQP Earthwork Inspector Level I & II
- CTQP Pile Driving and Drilled Shaft qualifications
- Must obtain any required certifications and pass appropriate qualifications tests for the position in specified time frames
- Ability to sit, stand, climb, bend, twist or stoop frequently and for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to reach horizontally as well as vertically for required tasks
- Ability to use construction or inspection safety equipment including fall protection
- Ability to lift and/or move you to 25 pounds
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
While RS&H was founded in 1941, we have been providing construction management services as one of our primary business practices since 1984. RS&H’s Transportation-Construction Management Practice serves numerous state departments of transportation, mobility/transportation authorities, turnpike/toll authorities, rail/port authorities, municipal/county governments, and private clients throughout the United States. Our Construction Engineering and Inspections (CEI) teams as well as our Construction Management teams are industry leading experts who provide a full range of construction engineering, program management, specialized testing, and inspection services from the preconstruction phase through maintenance and operations. By joining our team, you too can provide unique expertise in the full life cycle of transportation delivery, and lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.