Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Civil Structural Engineer (Pool/Spa/Waterpark)
at Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Engineering/Technical Consultants
We are seeking a Civil Structural Engineer for the East Coast region, with a Professional Engineering (P.E.) License to provide forensic consulting services to our diverse client base. Day to day activities will focus on cause and origin investigations relating to defects and failures of residential, commercial, institutional and industrial engineering and construction projects. Additionally this candidate should be an expert in swimming pools and waterparks; providing classroom instruction regarding swimming pool and water attraction design, construction and operations, and/or aquatic facility management is preferred. Must be proficient with technical, oral and written communication and be able to defend and support conclusions. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package - including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, mileage reimbursement and opportunities for advancement.
- Field Investigations: Make cause and origin determinations relating to accidents, injuries, construction defects and structural failures on a wide variety of project types, sizes and complexities with emphasis on swimming pools, spas, and water parks.
- Manage forensic investigations within the field of civil/structural engineering and/or aquatics based upon a scope of work and prepared budgets. Provide expert-level consultation to our clients to assist in answering technical questions.
- Produces written technical reports detailing and defending observations and conclusions.
- Manages multiple projects concurrently. Coordinates other support activities and testing when needed and ensure client deliverables are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ability to deliver technical presentations to clients for the purpose of both litigation and marketing support.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to perform inspections in confined spaces.
- B.S. Civil or Structural Engineering degree or higher.
- P.E. required and having S.E. would be a huge plus.
- 10+ years of experience in Civil/Structural Engineering, to include experience with pools, spas and waterparks.
- Project management and field investigation experience required.
- Member of the following associations, APSP – Association of Pool and Spa Professionals, NRPA – National Recreation and Parks Association, WWA – World Water Park Association
- Preferred Licensed contractor
- Preferred APSP Certified Aquatic Facility Operator Instructor or NSPE Certified Pool Operator Instructor