Ripley Entertainment Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ripley Entertainment Inc.
Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming items and materials, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving, labeling and cataloging exhibits. Daily maintenance of the warehouse and exhibits within the building; including bug inspections, damage reporting.
Unique Job Requirements:
Responsible for the shipping and receiving of exhibits from Ripley Believe It or Not! Museums and vendors all around the world, including arranging transportation, working with freight forwarders to complete customs documentation, and packing of shipments. Must have working knowledge of Import/Export (via ocean and air), and domestic logistics.
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling exhibits, materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Sort and place exhibits or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Open bales, crates and other containers
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wear the proper safety equipment
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system
- Diagnoses and performs daily minor and routine maintenance/repair involving the following:
- Perform maintenance and light repairs
- Interior/exterior lights.
- Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc.,
- Assists in keeping location inside and out as neat and free of litter.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by manager
- Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
- Dependable and Reliable
- Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills may be require
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Licensed fork-lift and order picker operator
- Truck driving skills (Occasional trips to various Ripley museums)
- Use of various power tools
- Pallet Jack
- Crate building.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in written and verbal forms.
- Must be able to work in a self-guided structure.
- Familiar with shipping/receiving (FedEx, DHL, UPS) on-line websites.
- Familiar with LTL (less than trailer load) and FTL (full trailer load) routing and rate negotiations.
- Execute other tasks as directed or needed.
- Occasional travel.
- Regularly lift and/or move objects lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100lbs, which would include lifting up to 75 pounds, as well as and stooping.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, pushing, pulling, shoving or crawl
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
- Must be able to reach products, exhibits at distances above normal reach, which may include the use of a ladder or order picker.
- Must be able to reach or move exhibits including boxes or crates,
- Ability to work in a noisy environment.
Licenses & Certifications
- High school diploma/GED
- 1-2 yrs previous warehouse experience
- Current forklift certification a plus
- Dependable and Reliable