Rotech Healthcare, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rotech Healthcare, inc.
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Active Full-Time
- Address 2
- 3600 VINELAND RD STE 114
- Postal Code
Join the Leader in the Home Healthcare Industry and Let us be Your Road to Success!!
Rotech Healthcare Inc. is a national leader in providing Respiratory and Sleep Apnea treatment as well as home medical equipment. Each and every day, thousands of employees in the Rotech family of hometown companies contribute to delivering outstanding customer service and the very best in quality patient care through hundreds of locations across 48 states. Additional information can be found at www.rotech.com.
Why work for Rotech? If we take a look at all the ways employees benefit from working at Rotech, we have a philosophy we like to call: “The Rotech Difference.”
What's the Rotech Difference? It's made up of all the benefits, services and offerings available to Rotech Employees. It is the employee-based strategies that make our company an employer of choice in the healthcare industry. As a member of the Rotech Healthcare Team, employees can take advantage of many great opportunities as part of their career path.
We are seeking a dedicated Accountant for our Accounting department. This position is responsible for daily, weekly and monthly activities related to essential accounting and reporting functions; assists in the maintenance of the G/L, month-end close and financial reporting requirements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP); heavy emphasis on Cash Reconciliation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with Standard Operating Procedures & Policies
- Performs assigned duties in connection with month-end close process
- Performs data entry input in connection with preparation of reports
- Prepares and maintains reconciliation of multiple bank accounts, researching discrepancies and making adjustments
- Prepares and posts journal entries
- Prepares General Ledger account reconciliations to explain variances from prior periods and/or budget
- Process vendor payments by initiating wires or ACH
- Responds to inquiries from internal and external parties
- Performs other duties as assigned
Employment is contingent on
- Background investigation (company-wide)
- Drug screen (when applicable for the position)
- Valid driver’s license in state of residence with a clean driving record (when applicable for the position)
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of two to three years’ related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar degree from an accredited university is preferred
- Experience in medical field and administrative record management
- One to three years of related prior work experience in a team-oriented environment
- Prior work experience in closing the books/month end close
- Strong customer service background
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Effectively communicate in English; both oral and written, with employees and management to ensure questions and concerns are processed in a timely manner
- Helpful, knowledgeable and polite while maintaining a positive attitude
- Interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of communication mediums
- Maintain confidentiality and practice discretion and caution when handling sensitive information
- Multi-task along with attention to detail
- Must be able to accurately perform simple mathematical calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Self-motivation, organized, time-management and deductive problem solving skills
- Work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Requires sitting, walking, standing, talking or listening; sitting at a desk for long periods of the work day
- Requires close vision to small print on computer and or paperwork; working on the computer for long periods of the work day
Machines, Equipment and Technical Abilities
- Email transmission and communication
- Internet navigation and research
- Lawson; our accounting software
- Microsoft applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power-Point, Publisher, Access, etc.
- Microsoft Excel pivot tables and VLOOKUP’s
- Office equipment; fax machine, copier, printer, phone and computer
- Office environment
- Career Path and Management Opportunities
- Employee Discounts, Referral Bonus, Recognition Program and Employee Service Program
- Cell Phone reimbursement (when applicable for the position)
- Mileage reimbursement (when applicable for the position)
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Make the right move, create your job profile and apply today!!
This process will take approximately 2-5 minutes to complete. The hiring manager will review your resume and contact you if your qualifications match our needs. We appreciate your interest in Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Rotech Healthcare Inc. recruits, employs, trains, promotes, transfers, separates from employment and compensates employees without regard to membership in, association with, or perception of race, color, age, gender, gender identity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality where Rotech has employees.